Healthy Weight & Your Child
ACHEIVE A HEALTHY WEIGHT TOGETHER
Reclaim your family’s health through healthier eating habits and an active lifestyle.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Healthy Weight and your Child is a 25-session evidence-based program delivered over 12-months for children with obesity. The program empowers 7-13 year olds, with the support of their families, to reach a healthy weight and live a healthier lifestyle. The program includes a Family Information Session, 16 weekly sessions, followed by 4 biweekly sessions, and 5 monthly sessions.
Made up of groups of 10-15 children and their parent/caregiver, the program creates a safe, fun and active environment for children and their families to explore and adopt proven methods to living a healthier lifestyle.
WHY THE WHOLE FAMILY?
Evidence shows that child weight-management programs are more effective when the whole family is involved and committed to adopting healthier habits. For this reason, the program is designed so that parent/caregiver attendance is required at all sessions.
PROGRAM SESSION STRUCTURE: 2-hour classes
WHAT THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
– In-person sessions for child and adult
– Peer support for adults
– Physical activity for child and adult
– Healthy eating
– Portion control
– Grocery store tour
– Food label reading
– Goal setting and rewards
– External and internal triggers
TO QUALIFY FOR PARTICIPATION:
– Child must be 7-13 years old
– Child must carry excess weight, with a body mass index of the 95th percentile or higher
– Child must receive clearance from a healthcare provider or school nurse to participate in physical activity
– Adult MUST attend all sessions with child.
For more information about the program, costs or if you have any questions, use the contact form below to submit questions and/or comments and we will call you. You can also call us at 507-433-1804.