Healthy Weight & Your Child
ACHEIVE A HEALTHY WEIGHT TOGETHER
Reclaim your family’s health through healthier eating habits and an active lifestyle.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Healthy Weight and your Child is a 25-session evidence-based program delivered over 12-months for children with obesity. The program empowers 7-13 year olds, with the support of their families, to reach a healthy weight and live a healthier lifestyle. The program includes a Family Information Session, 16 weekly sessions, followed by 4 biweekly sessions, and 5 monthly sessions.
Made up of groups of 10-15 children and their parent/caregiver, the program creates a safe, fun and active environment for children and their families to explore and adopt proven methods to living a healthier lifestyle.
WHY THE WHOLE FAMILY?
Evidence shows that child weight-management programs are more effective when the whole family is involved and committed to adopting healthier habits. For this reason, the program is designed so that parent/caregiver attendance is required at all sessions.
PROGRAM SESSION STRUCTURE: 2-hour classes
WHAT THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
– In-person sessions for child and adult
– Peer support for adults
– Physical activity for child and adult
– Healthy eating
– Portion control
– Grocery store tour
– Food label reading
– Goal setting and rewards
– External and internal triggers
TO QUALIFY FOR PARTICIPATION:
– Child must be 7-13 years old
– Child must carry excess weight, with a body mass index of the 95th percentile or higher
– Child must receive clearance from a healthcare provider or school nurse to participate in physical activity
– Adult MUST attend all sessions with child.
For more information about the program, costs or if you have any questions, use the contact form below to submit questions or comments and we will call you. OR contact Jill Wagner, Program Coordinator, at 507-433-1804 or email@example.com.